Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's All Gone Too Favre


Brett Favre doesn't care what I think, but here's what I think.

I don't care if Brett Favre ever plays in the NFL again. I enjoyed watching him and was impressed by his accomplishments. But I really don't care if he plays.

I don't care if he retires. I don't care if he unretires. I don't care if he gets his unconditional release from the Packers, as requested. I don't care if he then defects to the Bears or the Vikings or the Lions, or to the Arena Football League. I just don't care.

All the attention heaped on his every move by ESPN is as ridiculous as it is irritating. Chris Mortensen, what do you think Favre will do? John Clayton, what do you think the Packers will do? Mark Schlereth, can you gush about Brett for a while, too?

The whole thing is a bizarre circus. To me, Favre has tarnished his image a bit with all this pins-and-needles nonsense. Make up your mind, already. It's like one of those annoying reality shows on Bravo or E! or one of those other celebrity-obsessed networks. Retire, don't retire, but please make up your mind. It's Sugar Ray Leonard all over again. Sorry, Marvin Hagler, I'm retired. No, wait, I'm unretired. No, this is it, I'm gone. Wait, I think I'll fight again after all.

Yawn. Just make up your mind, already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're STILL jawing about Favre. Your right, who cares?